Thursday, August 13, 2009

Prefold Trainers - size 1T-3T



Recently I won an interesting bid on Alchemy - to convert prefolds into trainers. After a few convos, the Momma and I had a plan for what we needed. I had not heard of making trainers using prefolds prior to this, but gosh, what a great idea! (It has since been brought to my attention that another Etsy seller, Simply Sanity Creations, has been making these as well.)




Little Moose Diapers' Prefold Trainers are made using prefolds which measure at least 17x12 (Preshrunk). If you Don't have any Prefolds on hand, I have some prepped and waiting to be converted. Are yours embellished - they will work just fine! You can have some pretty embellished Prefold Trainers.


I use FOE to bind while creating a snug fit on your little one. With side closing snaps, these Trainers make changing the poop accidents super easy. No more struggling to carefully pull a regular trainer down your little one's legs in the hopes of not making a mess.



There are two ADORABLE models shown - an infant and a toddler. Photos were taken prior to the Trainers being washed, so you can be assured the fit will be better on your child, since the FOE shrinks slighty with the first washing.

Infant shown weighs 20 pounds, with the following measurements:

Waist - 16.25 inches
Thigh - 10.5 inches

Toddler weighs 32 pounds, with the following measurements:
Waist 20 inches
Thigh 12 inches

The Trainer itself has a rise that measures 17 inches. three rows of snaps make this Trainer fit throughout your little one's potty learning stages - no need to purchase additional sizes as they grow, saving you money in the end.

6 comments:

  1. One of your members left a comment on helping with Mountain Baby Blankets. I'd love to talk to them about it, but there is no email...

    Ask them to email me at racheljcox at yahoo dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stealing my idea and not even giving me ANY credit for coming up with it. Very nice.

    I specifically carved out a niche that NO ONE was doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sanity,

    I would like to offer you an apology. It doesn't matter how I came up with the idea of the Prefold Trainers, but I would like to tell you anyway. It was through an Alchemy bid. Prior to this, I had not seen any Prefold Trainers, nor had I even heard of the idea. I did find a few threads where a lady was asking how to do this, but that was virtually all I found. I do realize the internet is a large place, and I could have easily not used the proper keywords, and I am certain I did not look through all the web pages my search yielded.

    However, I have now looked through your site, as well as a few forum posts here and there, and yes, this is an item you have been selling since at least January of this year. I was honestly not aware of this at the time of my Alchemy win. Nor did not realize it would be upsetting to anyone to post about it. However, I have edited my blog entry to reflect that you have been making these, and I included a link to your Etsy shop.

    Again, I apologize for not giving credit where it was due initially. I do hope that there will not be continued tension between you and I.



    Hope
    Little Moose Diapers

    ReplyDelete
  4. - should read Nor did I realize it would be upsetting to anyone to post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the apology moose. Honestly, I don't know WHY I got so upset about it. I'm sorry if I sounded snarky in my previous comment. Thank you also for adding the link. Before I started offering them as a custom (back last September I was doing them slowly) the only other person I knew of that had done them was my mom, and only because my little sister was so skinny and potty trained so early that the commonly available trainers slid right off her little bum.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...