Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Let's learn a little bit more about Fruit of the Womb Dipes.

We did an interview with each of the shop owners to familiarize you with them!

Today we have Christina Edwards with Fruit of the Womb Dipes.

Tell us a little about your shop.

I was asked several times if I would be willing to make diapers for others and sell them, but I did not wish to attempt that. I finally gave in when a total stranger approached me in a park and asked if I would be interested in listing my diapers on her website. When she closed her online store, I opened an Etsy account!

Where did you get the name for your shop?

My dh came up with it. It comes from one of our favorite Bible verses: Psalms 127:3
Is it big business or a hobby?

More of a hobby than a business. Lately I have been trying to sell more to support my fabric addiction!
Why do you like selling on Etsy?

Diapers

How long have you been sewing, knitting, crocheting, etc.?

My mom taught me to sew when I was in fifth grade! That was 25 years go.
What is your favorite thing to make at the moment?

 My one size diapers. They are easy to use and very absorbent.
What are you passionate about?

Cloth diapering and family
What is your favorite thing in your shop at the moment?

 It is really a toss up between the Hello Kitty woolie and the Lego guy wool wrap

Why?

They are sew adorable, and my kids (eight of them which range in age from 1 to 15) helped with the designs! I have several budding artists.




Who/What is your inspiration?

I get a lot of my inspiration from my two oldest daughters. They help pick fabric and dream up big ideas!
Why is cloth diapering important to you?

It saves a tooon of money, and it is best for baby's bum. Not to mention, reduces trash.
What is your favorite or least favorite cloth diapering memory?

Hmmm---dumpster diving to save my adorable cloth diapers that I have forgotten in various doctor's offices over the years.



Be sure to check out Fruit of the Womb Dipes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...