Shop links: www.holdenslanding.etsy.com
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/CT-USA/Holdens-Landing/150011683600
Getting to know Holden's Landing:
What got you started in selling items in your Etsy shop? Holden's Landing has been around since 2004, before there even was an etsy! Once etsy came around, we had some friends who raved about it and suggested opening up as etsy shop as well, so we decided to jump in and test the waters
What is one piece of advice you wish someone would have told you when you started cloth diapering?
Not all diapers and/or diapering systems work for everyone. Try out a few different options and see what works best for you!
What is your favorite thing to do when you’re not sewing/working for your shop? I love to spend time with my family, to read, bake and scrapbook
What is your current favorite item in your shop, and why? this pillowcase - I love the way the colors run into each other, and sleeping on an OBV pillowcase is an absolute dream!
What is your favorite material to work with? Organic bamboo velour, followed by wool interlock
How long has your shop been open? Since May, 2004
Holden's Landing is owned and operated by Bonnie Vontz, a single wahm from Connecticut. Bonnie homeschools her 2 children, McKenna (9) and Holden (6). Bonnie learned to sew and knit as a child, but didn't pick them back up again until just before Holden's birth ... and now can rarely be found without a sewing or knitting needle in hand.
Fluff-a-Rump Giveaway details!
(Drawing to be held Feb 24th, 9pm PDT)
This week, Holden's Landing is giving away one custom DreamScape diaper! You choose the theme, size, core placement (boy, girl, gender neutral), finishing style (serged or Turned & Topstitched) and inner/soaker top fabrics (organic bamboo velour or microfleece) and, within 3 weeks, you will receive your gorgeous DreamScape in the mail! Please see my gallery for inspiration! (Value $41-$45) Open to all countries.
To enter the giveaway, leave a separate comment for each of the following that apply:
-Visit Holden's Landing shop, come back and leave a comment with your favorite item
Additional optional entries:
- Follow Holden's Landing blog. Leave a comment here saying you are a follower for entry. Already a follower? Just leave that in a comment for your entry!
- Fan Holden's Landing on Facebook. Post to the blog that you are a fan. Already a fan? Just leave that in a comment for your entry!
- Make a purchase from Holden's Landing on Etsy or Hyena Cart for 5 additional entries (only applies to purchases made during contest time). Leave a comment with your order number.
- Follow the Etsy Cloth Diaper team blog publicly
- Follow the Etsy Cloth Diaper team on Facebook
- Follow the Etsy Cloth Diaper team on Twitter
- Tweet about the fluff-a-rump giveaways (limit one per day) - be sure to use @etsyclothdiaper in your tweet
(be sure that you are signed in or leave a way to contact you in each comment)
A random blog comment number will be selected using random.org. You MUST comment on this blog post to be entered, and have contact info in your profile. Each entry entry must be its own comment. If you combine entries into one comment, it will only count as one entry. Winning entries will be validated, and you MUST do the required entry to have any additional entries be valid. Thank you for entering!
Check back next week for another Fluff-a-Rump on Hump Day featured Etsy shop and Giveaway!