Saturday, February 18, 2012

Black Bean Brownies

So, after reading about Black Bean Brownies here, , I had to try them. I was a bit skeptical, but they were delicious. And everyone of my children loved them also. They were easy. The black beans and spinach replaces the flour. Give them a try. And let me know what you think. I added more chocolate chips than the recipe called for (1 cup). I also used dark cocoa powder. I omitted the coffee, because I didn’t think my children would like that.

Ingredients

  • 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
  • 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8×8 square baking dish.
  2. Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, and instant coffee in a blender; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the mixture.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 126 | Total Fat: 5.3g | Cholesterol: 40mg

by Elizabeth of Catchick6 Creations
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catchick6Creations
http://www.catchick6creations.com/

2 comments:

  1. Wow its look really delicious this rice recipe, t is so easy to make, and is absolutely delicious!!! Make sure you prepare twice as much, because you will not be able to stop eating it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shared recipe is very much helpful for adding a new recipe in my daily breakfast list. I think it is very easy to make and the black beans and spinach replaces the flour.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...