Monday, October 8, 2012

Meet The Team--Samantha from Turk and Bean!


Today we are discovering a little bit about Etsy Cloth Diaper Team member Samantha from TurkandBean. After reading this, check out her lovely assortment of cloth diapering and green living goods!

Where did you get the name for your shop? We've always called our 4 year old turkey and baby is the bean, so the shop is named after them.

Is it big business or a hobby? It's more than a hobby at this point. I invest as many hours in it as a full time job. It's not big business yet, but we're heading that direction.

Why do you like selling on Etsy? I like the large customer base and then sense of community. It took me a while to decide to add Etsy to my selling venues, but it has been a positive decision for me.


How long have you been sewing and crocheting? My mom taught me to sew and crochet in my teens, so over 10 years ago. I've only been serious about it for the past few years though. I taught myself to knit in 2010. It's a newer hobby, but I really enjoy it.


What is your favorite thing to make at the moment?  I've been making a lot of blankets lately, mostly as customs. I like knowing that each one is going to be special to the child who gets it, provide comfort, and wrap them up in love. It's nice to be a part of that.




What is your favorite thing in your shop at the moment?  I just love these ribbon cuff longies: www.etsy.com/listing/91028197/fleece-longies-ribbon-cuff
If I had a little girl they would be in her wardrobe and not even in the shop. They're so cute and a style you don't see often.


Who/What is your inspiration? I'm inspired by my children and the world around them. I like to think natural and fun.

Why is cloth diapering important to you? For us cloth diapering is more than just a parenting decision;it's a way of life. We started using cloth diapers and it evolved into a whole change in the way we run our home. We do not use paper products and we compost, reuse, recycle. Each day is another chance to see what else we can do to reduce our wastefulness and I love that I'm able to teach that to my children too.


What factors are the most important to you when choosing a cloth diaper? Absorbency is key for us and then natural fibers. My boys have sensitivities and I like knowing that what I'm putting on their bum is as friendly as possible.


What is the kind of diaper you like the best at home? For years we had a huge Goodmama stash and used them for everything, we've simplified recently and mostly use pre-folds and flats. I love how versatile they are and how cost effective. I don't find I have to change our diapering system to be out and about or even travel, but I do keep some all in one type systems on hand for church or when unfamiliar people are providing care. I love that with cloth diapers there is a system to match every lifestyle and budget.


Favorite CD shop on Etsy? I love Holden's Landing. We have a mini stash of her fitteds we use at nights and they are so absorbent and just beautiful to look at.




Do you have a web address? www.turkandbean.com
 
Thanks so much to Samantha for sharing a little bit about herself and her Etsy business!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...