For 7 child-sized (1 1/4 cup) servings you'll need:
1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 stalk celery
2-3 green onions
A pinch of minced dried onion
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
7 oz canned tomatoes
1 cup dry brown rice
1 cup water
1 cube chicken bouillon
1 bay leaf
1. Cook rice according to directions. While the rice is cooking, cut chicken into 1/2-1" chunks.
2. Spray a medium size pan with cooking spray. Brown chicken over medium heat and remove from pan.
3. Add celery, green onion, and pepper to pan. Sauté over medium heat until softened. Add tomatoes and cook 5-6 minutes more.
4. Return chicken to the pan, add water, bouillon, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
5. Cover, reduce heat, and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes. If it seems too thick add a little water, if it seems too juicy let it simmer longer.
6. Stir in cooked rice and add a little salt and black pepper to taste.
I hope your family enjoys this Jambalaya as much as mine does!