Monday, November 14, 2011

Meet the Team-- Meet Michelle from Cutesy Tushies



Michelle's Etsy shop includes pocket diapers, ruffled diapers, embroidered diapers, AI2s, diaper covers, fleece covers, diaper combo sets and babylegs, all beautifully sewn in irresistibly cute fabrics! Read what Michelle has to say about her shop and cloth diapering, and then check out her nearly 100 items for sale on Etsy! Christmas is just around the corner. One of the best ways to convert someone to cloth diapers is to give them something so adorable they can't help but use it!

Where did you get the name for your shop?
I got the name of my shop from my oldest son who at the time was 4. I started making diapers for his sister who was due in a few months, and he always said that they were "cutesy" After I had her out of the blue when I put one on her, he said she has a little "cutesy tushie" and the name was perfect:)

Is it big business or a hobby?
I would say both! I love what I do, but I also have my own website and also opened on Etsy when I first opened my website.

Why do you like selling on Etsy?
I love selling on Etsy because you meet others who normally wouldn't come to your website. Also the networking with other businesses as well!:)

How long have you been sewing?
I have been sewing for almost 19 years since my mom taught me when I was 11. I also crochet and have done that for almost 20 years. I also help my mom with her shop her on Etsy as well.

What is your favorite thing to make at the moment?
My favorite thing to make at the moment is my Ruffle Tushies!:) I love to find new ribbon to add to them and the are a change of pace from the prints:)

What is your favorite thing in your shop at the moment?
The favorite thing in my shop right now is my Pretty Owl Pockets Diapers. Why? I love this print!!!


Who/What is your inspiration?
My kids are my inspiration and always will be. I seen how we struggled with our oldest and rashes. Anyone who asks about cloth diapering I am more than willing to explain and help, so that they and their little ones don't have diaper rash issues like we did.

Why is cloth diapering important to you?
First and foremost, baby being comfortable! They can not be comfortable in disposables, that cause rashes and issues with their bottoms all the time. Then I would say the cost and of course environmental issues that disposables cause with how many are sitting in the landfills.

What factors are the most important to you when choosing a cloth diaper?
The most important factors are fit, it must be a good fit, does the diaper function correctly, such as does it leak, and then of course cuteness:)

Do you have a favorite cloth diapering shop on Etsy? Mine! lol I love Holden's Landing:)

What is your favorite cloth diapering memory?
My favorite cloth diapering memory, being able to tell people about them. I get asked all the time when out and about if my kids are cloth diapered, can tell by their fluffy tushies. I had one person tell me that it was not something they could do and by the time we got done talking, when she had her baby, I had converted her to cloth:)

Facebook page is www.facebook.com/CutesyTushiesandMore
Etsy page-http://www.etsy.com/shop/CutesyTushies
Website- www.cutesytushies.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...