Monday, January 9, 2012

Meet the Team--Michelle from LagamorphLounge

Today we meet Michelle from LagamorphLounge. After you've read all about her, check out her Etsy store to see all the great products she carries, including: flannel fitteds, hand-knit and repurposed woolies, nursing pads, fleece covers, and cloth wipes!

Where did you get the name for your shop? Well, I have a serious love of rabbits. I ran a rabbit rescue in Alaska for a few years until a change in my personal life put an end to that. Lagamorph is the scientific name for rabbit so it only made sense to go with it. I currently have 2 pet rabbits, Emmit & Raindrop.

Is it a business or a hobby? It was strictly a hobby for a number of years, then kind of slowly progressed into a hobby/business hybrid. I think I'm still a long way off from being a full on business, but who knows where 2012 will lead me.

How long have you been sewing? I have been really sewing since I was 18, when I got my first sewing machine. It just took off from there. I'm now 27 and am the proud owner of 7 sewing machines, including that very first one which I now use to teach 3 of my 4 kids how to sew. Baby #4 will be learning too once he's a little older. I learned to knit when I was still pregnant with him and that was the summer of 2010. It's become one of my favorite things to do.

What is your favorite thing in your shop at the moment? Why? I love my Maple Leaf Wool soaker so much. It was hard to list it. It's entirely too small for any of my kids so keeping it for myself would have been kind of silly. I love the rich warm fall colors and the way it reminds me what my homestate looks like in fall. I'm from New York but have lived in Alaska for the past 6 years and there is virtually no fall here. We go from a short summer, to a sadly short fall and then into a really long winter.

Why is cloth diapering important to you? It's important for so many reasons. We are a family of 6 living on my husband's ever changing commission based income so knowing that I never have to run out and buy diapers with money we really don't have takes a huge stress off my shoulders. Knowing that what I am putting on my little one's bums is safe and for them and the environment is so important. I know exactly what is touching their skin, no mystery there.


What kind of diaper do you like best at home? On the go? For travel? For budget? It's the same answer across the board....a fitted with wool longies, shorties, or a soaker on top. You can't go wrong with that combo! I have tried so many types and always seem to come back to these! I do really like fleece covers too, but can't handle pockets. I know some families love them to pieces, but I've found they just aren't for me.

Favorite CD shop on Etsy? I love Bundlesofjoy. She's a fellow
Alaskan and has such beautiful items! Now that the holidays are over I'll be
making a purchase or two :)

Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LagamorphLounge

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lagamorph-Lounge-Handmade-Fabric-Goods-Custom-Sewing/296047370412584

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...