Monday, January 23, 2012

Meet the Team-- Jessica from Living Green Baby




Today we meet Jessica from the Etsy shop Living Green Baby. After learning more about her, check out her shop where you will find a great variety of fleece longies and soakers, bamboo baby wipes, and nursing pads.

Where did you get the name for your shop?
When we were trying to think of a name for our shop we sat down with a good old yellow note pad and started to compile words that made us think of living a greener life and Cloth Diapering. A couple scribble scrabbles later we had a simple name that defined who we were and what we believed in.

Is it big business or a hobby?
A couple Years ago I opened a little shop on Etsy (www.bullfrogboutique.etsy.com) where I made and sold little hair bows and such. Then I learned about cloth diapers and thought "I could make those!" Then I decided to list a couple and quickly found my calling. When My husband saw what was happeining he decided to step in and that was when Living Green Baby came to life. With his Business know how and My love of cloth diapering we make a pretty good Team!

Why do you like selling on Etsy?
Etsy is a wonderful site. It supports small business and Hand Made items, 2 things we love! Who wouldn't want to be a part of something like that? Etsy also gives us alot of tools and resources to help us along the way. Starting a new business can be intimidating but Etsy makes it very simple!

How long have you been sewing?
I grew up in a home where my Mother was sewing all the time, and for as long as I can remember I've been a crafty person. I really got into sewing after my husband bought me a sewing machine for Christmas 3 years ago, I used it so much I actually wore it out and had to replace it!

What is your favorite thing to make at the moment? What are you passionate about?
Right now my favorite thing to make is diapers... diapers of any kind! We're really Passionate about Cloth diapering, Breastfeeding, baby wearing and anything else that involves giving our kids (and others!) the best that we can!

What is your favorite thing in your shop at the moment? Why?Our current favorite item is our Natural Luxury Bamboo Cloth Wipes. They are sooo soft, they clean any mess that you could imagine easily, they're very gentle on any skin type, and best of all they're all natural! We have a 2 month old Son who is a very heavy wetter and we fold one in half and stick inside all of his diapers (even his prefolds!) They are so multi-functional, even People who don't cloth diaper can make use of them.


Who/What is your inspiration?
Our Primary inspiration is our 4 children. My husband works retail and has long hours so he's away from home alot. We decided to open our own small business with the hopes that someday he won't have to be away from home so much. Our other big inspiration is our love of cloth diapering and how good it is for our planet and for our children’s health. We want to spread the word and make affordable quality products so that anyone in any financial situation and enjoy the benefits.

Why is cloth diapering important to you?
We decided to give cloth diapering a try with our 3rd child. Unfortunately the thought had never even crossed our minds before then. My husband was skeptical at first, he didn't think it would work for us because I have an issue with laundry (it’s my least favorite part of being a stay-at-home mom and I can never seem to get it under control) he thought there would be no way that I would want to (or be willing to) wash dirty diapers of all things. I was hooked the very first time I snapped her pretty little pink diaper on her! My husband claimed he "didn't know how to do it" and got out of diaper changing for quite a while but was fully supportive of cloth diapering because we were no longer spending money every week on disposables and he knew the health benefits. Now he's a full on cloth diapering Dad, using Snappi's and stuffing pockets! He even helps make the diapers.

What factors are the most important to you when choosing a cloth diaper?
To us the most important factors in choosing a cloth diaper are price, function, and style. (Ok so maybe the style only really matters to me, my husband is more concerned about how much it's going to cost him and how well it’s going to work.) We've tried to incorporate all of that into our products. We try to offer a little of everything so that anyone can buy in any price range.

What is the kind of diaper you like the best at home? On the go? For travel? For budget?
At home our 2 little ones live in fitteds and fleece soakers or longies most of the time. On the go we like to use our One-size PUL covers and Bamboo inserts because its less to put in the bag, they fit both our 2 year old and 2 month old so there's no worry about bringing enough of the right sizes for each of them. For Budget we Love Prefolds and covers. Our Grandmas used them for a reason, they're easy, they work, and they're inexpensive!

What is your favorite cloth diapering memory?
My favorite cloth diaper memory was the first time we put our newborn son in one of our cloth diapers and fleece longies. He was 2 days old and we were still in the hospital, he looked so cute in them!

www.livinggreenbaby.com
www.facebook.com/onthegreenside
www.livinggreenbaby.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Thank you a lot for giving everyone an exceptionally spectacular opportunity to read from this web site. It is always so good and as well , packed with a great time for me and my office fellow workers to visit the blog particularly 3 times in a week to find out the new items you have. And lastly, I'm just always happy concerning the staggering guidelines served by you. Selected 1 points in this article are basically the most efficient I've had.
    Prothane 3-201 Red Front Control Arm and Strut Arm Bushing Kit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...