Monday, September 24, 2012

Meet the Team - Leticia of LetJoy


Welcome to another Meet the Team interview! Sit back and put your feet up while we spend a few minutes with the talented Leticia of LetJoy.


What's your name and where do you live?
Leticia Meyer, I live in Woodbury, Minnesota

Where did you get the name for your shop?
The first three letters of my first name and my middle name made in to one word

How long have you been in business?
It will be a year in November

How did you get the idea for your products/business?
I went to college for business, I always knew I wanted to start my own business I just didn't know what kind of business I wanted to start, I got preggers and started making my own cloth diapers. One of my friends who also uses cloth suggested that I start to sell them because they were so well made and well here I am today. 

Please share what is unique about your products.
I like to do custom orders and work with the moms and give them what they are looking for. Most of my business is custom orders although I would love it if things in my shop would go faster :)

What are your most popular products, and why are they so appealing?
Diapers, mostly custom. I work with moms with the style and patterns.
What have you found most challenging about running your own business?
Keeping up with demand while making sure I am not neglecting my other duties (as a mom and a house wife)

Has anything been easier than you expected? More difficult?
Promoting my business and making business connections has been very easy for me. Keeping up on the making of the diapers has been challenging especially if I make a bunch of the same type of diapers and thats why I offer AIO, AI2, Pockets and fitteds keeps things fresh.

Why do you like selling on Etsy?
It's easy for both me and the buyer. It's not just buying and selling, it's a community.

How long have you been sewing?
My grand mother taught me to sew by hand at about age 8 and I got my first sewing machine at age 12. My mom bought it as a surprise gift and I was so excited to learn how to use it. I now sew on my grandmothers sewing machine and I feel like every thing I make on it has a little bit of her in them as well.

What is your favorite thing to make at the moment?
Fitteds, just because they are easy and quick to make so I get to see the finished product sooner.

Why is cloth diapering important to you?
I cloth diaper to save on waste and money. i do use disposables if we go on long trips but I always feel guilty about it.

What is the kind of diaper you like the best at home?
Prefolds and fitteds. Because they breathe.

What is your favorite cloth diapering memory?
When my aunts found out I used cloth they all told me stories how they used cloth on my cousins. ALL MY AUNTS! :)

Who or what is your inspiration?
Cloth it's self, I like the idea that I am using diapers that my parents had on (not the physical diaper) and my grandparents it's like keeping the heritage of being natural a live in my family. 

Do you have anything new going on now, or upcoming, such as new products or promotions?
I am about to host a local co-op for the Twin Cities but that's about all for now.

Is there anything else you'd like to share?
I always want to be able to offer a quality product at an affordable price.

Where can we find your products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...