Monday, October 31, 2011

Meet The Team-- Meet Carolyn from WOOLDINS

Carolyn's store is filled with beautiful and functional products all made with super absorbent, anti-bacterial Organic Bamboo. Her products include Organic Bamboo Velour Cloth Diapers in Fitted or AI2 styles,training pants, diaper covers, nursing pads and menstrual pads. Read what Carolyn has to say about her products and her experience with using and selling cloth diapers.

Where did you get the name for your shop? I initially began only selling wool items, and my nickname is Din......thus Wooldins was born. Crazy, I know!

Is it big business or a hobby? It is in between, certainly no bumGenius here, but more than a hobby for sure.


Why do you like selling on Etsy? It absolutely has to be the interaction with my customers. I LOVE helping others and being their solution to a dry bed in the morning! What could be better than that?

How long have you been sewing? I have sewn since I was a child, so I would figure about 25 years.

What is your favorite thing to make at the moment? I love to make the organic bamboo training pants, or nighttime bamboo pants.


What is your favorite thing in your shop at the moment? The picture of one of my adorable customers with the organic bamboo pants on his head!

What is your inspiration? The fabrics......fabric today is truly an art. There is an abundance of beautiful fabrics available today. I am tempted to just frame everything, then again having it on a childs bottom is pretty darn cute too!

Why is cloth diapering important to you? It has to be simply because that is what is best for the child. How many adults would want to walk around with an uncomfortable, chemical laden disposable diaper on their bottoms?

What factors are the most important to you when choosing a cloth diaper? The ability to fit a wide range of sizes, organic materials, and superior absorption with NATURAL fabrics. Yes, mine have all of that!

What is the kind of diaper you like the best at home? At home we like the organic bamboo with wool. On the go or travel? On the go or travel, it has to be a cover with an organic bamboo insert. For budget? Budget diaper would be the cover with insert, along with a few organic bamboo fitteds for nighttime. I wonder how many people realize how affordable great organic cloth diapering products really are?

Favorite CD shop on Etsy? Hmmm.....mine-- I really do not look around at others, honestly. I have too much work keeping up with my own!

What is your favorite cloth diapering memory? Looking at my babies cloth diapered bottom and smiling, knowing that I am giving him the best

Etsy Address: www.wooldins.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...