Monday, October 17, 2011

Meet the Team: Vilate from Nifty Nook

Today we will meet Vilate from Nifty Nappy Cloth Diapers. She has been selling on Etsy for 4 years. Her etsy shop is Vilate's Nifty Nook.

Vilate started cloth diapering to save money and started off sewing fitted cloth diapers for her two little girls. When her boy came along, she met another mom who used pocket diapers and fell in love with them. Vilate thought they would be cheaper to make them herself so she did!



Vilate makes make fitteds, AI2’s, swim diapers, trainers, Woolie Wraps, newborn diapers, and new born woolies. "It's been a fun adventure," says Vilate, describing her sewing experience. She experimented with different fabrics and patterns before sticking with a wool cover. She's also a big fan of organic fabrics like hemp and bamboo. Her hubby prefers front-snapping diapers so this is what she stuck with. Vilate's favourites include her fitteds and her woolie wraps.



The best cloth diapering advice Vilate received was to use tea tree oil in her diaper wash and to sun the diapers. Clean smelling diaper every time!



After making the perfect diaper and cover combination for her own children, Vilate felt she could offer these to other families. She began selling on Etsy and eventually created her own website. Vilate loves what she does: " I love the interaction I have with other mothers. I love that I can help them determine what is best for their families and live a greener lifestyle. If you think I can help you please feel free to ask any questions. I love to talk fluff and I would love to help you get started."

2 comments:

  1. A friend told me about tea tree oil in the wash too! And I wish I had a line to dry on--so jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...